Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Backlinks - What Grinds My Gears

Have any of your seen that episode of Family Guy, where Peter has his own segment on the news where he goes on and on about what grinds his gears....This is my version...

Do you know what grinds my gears??

Forum Posting to Gain Backlinks Grinds My Gears!!!

You do not understand how much this drives me nuts. I am browsing some of my favorite forums and all I see is links in every signature line. What irritates me more is that links are not even related to the forum!! Honestly, I can say that I include my links in signatures lines on forums, but I do not do it to build backlinks, I do it gain visitors. The forums I participate in are related to my niche not to improve my search engine rankings!!

Link Exchange to Build Backlinks Grinds My Gears!

If you have a blog or a website, you know what I am talking about when I say that every morning when I check my email I have requests for link exchange. It drives me crazy. Link exchange does not raise your search engine rankings, back in the day they did carry more weight but not anymore. If your blog contains good content, I will find your articles and will most likely link to your post. So stop spamming me because I am not reading your email, I am not even visiting your webpage.




Directory Submission to Build Backlings Grinds My Gears!!

Directory submission used to be a great way to build backlinks and they were well respected by the search engines. Wake up people, it is not the 90's anymore!! Who uses directories anymore in the first place? Do not submit your website to every single directory in hopes of raising your search engine ranking. You will be disappointed. Almost all links from directories are garbage and mean absolutely nothing. I would only suggest maybe DMOZ and Yahoo Directories, even those are losing their value. So STOP WASTING YOUR TIME!!!

Blog Commenting to Build Backlinks

Blog commenting to build backlinks really grinds my gears! I can not stand people leaving stupid little comments just so they can get a backlink. If you are going to comment on a blog in order to gain a backlink at least comment something useful. Do not put a one sentence answer. More than likely your blog comment will not get approved. Do not waste your time!! AND DO NOT MAKE IT SO OBVIOUS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment