Thursday, October 20, 2011

SBA Seminars Offering Courses - Free for Veterans

As some of you may know I serviced in the United States Navy for 8 years. I am always looking to better myself. One of my goals is to learn more about Quickbooks. Just the other day, my wife was browsing through the Sunday paper searching for coupons. She happened to glance at the classified section where she found a list of events in our area. She noticed a Quickbooks seminar near our house. Unfortunately, it was too late to register for the seminar because the paper was sitting on the counter for a few days.

I did some web research and found out more events that were coming up. To my surprise, these events that normally cost around $35 a piece were being offered free to military veterans. I immediately registered for ten seminars!!

The program contains many seminars which are aimed at helping individuals who own or want to own their own business. The majority of the seminars I signed up were about Quickbooks. There were a few seminars which did not contain information about Quickbooks such as Dealing With Difficult People and Working With Different Generations of People. Both of these seminars would be great not only with starting your own business but also as assets if you just want to improve your resume.

If you are interested, click here to find the nearest location where these seminars are being held. At the bottom left of the page, you can search by location. You are looking for "Find the Nearest SBDC Center".


No comments:

Post a Comment